Xypex Concentrate DS-1
XYPEX CONCENTRATE DS-1 is a special formulation designed specifically for a dry-shake application on horizontal concrete surfaces.
Packaged in the form of a dry powder compound, Concentrate DS-1 consists of Portland cement, various active proprietary chemicals, and an aggregate which has been crushed and graded to particle sizes suitable for concrete floors. DS-1 becomes an integral part of the concrete surface thereby eliminating problems normally associated with coatings (e.g. scaling, dusting, flaking and delamination).
The active chemicals react with the moisture of the fresh concrete causing a catalytic reaction which generates a non-soluble crystalline formation within the pores and capillary tracts of the concrete.
Xypex Admix C-5000 complies with the requirements of:
- AS/NZS 4020:2005, Testing of products for use in contact with Drinking Water
- Sewage and Water Treatment Plants
- Foundation Slabs
- Bridge Decks
- Parking Structures
- Roof Decks
Note: For concrete surfaces that are subject to heavy traffic conditions or that require increased resistance to impact and abrasion, please consult with a Xypex Technical Representative regarding the use of Xypex Concentrate DS-2.
- Resists extreme hydrostatic pressure from either a positive or negative surface of the concrete slab
- Chloride protection in the marine environment
- Becomes an integral part of the substrate
- Highly resistant to aggressive chemicals
- Can seal hairline cracks up to 0.4 mm
- Allows the concrete to breathe
- Less costly to apply than most other methods
- Increases flexibility in the construction schedule